ROSARIA is a ROS wrapper for MobileRobots' ARIA C++ library. This is a simple proof of concept package that lets you set velocity and read odometry data form MobileRobots (ActivMedia) platforms (e.g. Pioneer) using their official library.
- Author: Srećko Jurić-Kavelj
- License: BSD
- Source: hg http://code.google.com/p/amor-ros-pkg/
Installation and Examples
Instructions on downloading, building and getting started with ROSARIA is covered in /Tutorials/How to use ROSARIA.
An example that uses ROSARIA to teleoperate a Pioneer from and iPhone is available at /Tutorials/iPhone Teleop with ROSARIA. Below is a video of that demo:
RosAriaSimple node that uses ARIA to control the robot
Subscribed Topicscmd_vel (geometry_msgs/Twist)
- receives new velocity commands. uses linear x and angular z only. desired velocities are set in ARIA; the robot will achieve and maintain these velocities, so cmd_vel commands are only needed to change velocity, not maintain them.
Published Topicspose (nav_msgs/Odometry)
- publishes odometry information (rate depends on the robot, e.g. 10Hz is the default rate for Pioneer 3-DX)
- publishes bumper states (thanks to Arturo Ribes of the Spanish National Research Council)
- publishes sonar readings (thanks to Michiel Blokzijl of the Imperial College London). Readings are taken if there are subscribers on the topic. When the last subscriber unsubscribes, sonars are turned off.
Parameters~port (string, default: /dev/ttyUSB0)
- serial port device the robot is is connected to, or a hostname and TCP port separated by a colon to do TCP communications e.g 10.0.126.32:8101