- Introduction to R.O.S and its package management
- Working with 3D robot modeling in R.O.S
- Simulating robots using R.O.S and Gazebo
- Using the R.O.S MoveIt! And Navigation stack
- Working with Pluginlib, Nodelets and Gazebo plugins
- Writing R.O.S controllers and visualization plugin
- Interfacing I/O boards, sensors and actuators to R.O.S
- Programming Vision sensors using R.O.S, Open-CV and P.C.L
- Building and interfacing differential drive mobile robot hardware in R.O.S
- Exploring the advanced capabilities of R.O.S MoveIt!
- R.O.S for Industrial Robots
- Troubleshooting and best practices in R.O.S
New book: "Mastering ROS for Robotics Programming"
From Lentin Joseph
Here is a new book for mastering your skills in Robot Operating System(R.O.). The book title is "Mastering R.O.S for Robotics Programming" and this is one of the advance book on R.O.S currently available in the market.
This book discussing advanced concepts in robotics and how to implement it using R.O.S. It starts with deep overview of the R.O.S framework, which can give you a clear idea of how R.O.S really works. During the course of the book, you will learn how to build models of complex robots, and simulate and interface the robot using the R.O.S MoveIt! and R.O.S navigation stack.
After discussing, robot manipulation and navigation in robots, you will get to grip with the interfacing of I/O boards, sensors, and actuators to R.O.S.
One of the essential ingredients of robots are vision sensors, and an entire chapter is dedicated to the vision sensors and its interfacing in R.O.S.
You can also see the hardware interfacing and simulation of complex robots in R.O.S and R.O.S Industrial.
Finally, you will get to know the best practices to follow while programming in R.O.S.
There are 12 chapters and 481 pages on this book. The main contents of the book are given below
This book is written by Lentin Joseph who is the CEO/Founder of a Robotic startup called Qbotics Labs from India. He is also an author of a book called "Learning Robotics using Python" which is also about R.O.S.
The book uses R.O.S Indigo and installed on latest Ubuntu L.T.S 14.04.03. The codes are also compatible with R.O.S Jade.
The book is designed in such a way that even beginners can take up all topics. If you are a robotics enthusiast or researcher who wants to learn more about building robot applications using R.O.S, this book is for you. In order to learn from this book, you should have a basic knowledge in R.O.S, GNU/Linux, and C++ programming concepts. The book will also be good for professionals who want to explore more features of R.O.S.
The book is published by PACKT and here are the links to buy the book
You will get complete information about the book from book website
TrackBack URL: http://www.ros.org/mt-tb.cgi/2361