From Matt Lamping of Intelligrated
There is quite a lot of interesting development activity with robotics in warehousing and logistics field. Intelligrated is a premier leader in this space and is looking for Software Engineers with Robotics/expertise to support our expanding robotics research and development group. If you are interested in pursuing an exciting career that combines computer vision, robotics, software engineering, and automation, then this R&D is the opportunity for you!
Intelligrated offers a rewarding career path, comfortable work environment, competitive compensation, and excellent benefits.
You will collaborate with the members of the robotics development team on the integration of motion, vision and perception based robotics solutions. This position is located in St. Louis, Mo and is an excellent opportunity for a motivated and creative software engineer to be a part of multiple exciting robotic based development projects that include integration of robotic motion, vision and simulation to be used in material handling systems.
Develop real time motion planning algorithms and vision based perception systems for use in robotic software solutions for material handling systems
Develop new functionalities as well as maintain the current code
Follow rigorous design control methodology and write concise requirements specifications, architecture specifications, and design description, verification plans, and test cases.
Developing software applications to work with the simulations to emulate actual production rates to prove system functionality
Work concurrently with robotic design engineers, controls engineers and other software engineers as designs are being developed and finalized Performs unit testing of software and assists in the verification and validation process.
Manages schedules, meet and adhere to development goals.
Provides planning and status information to project manager.
2-3 years of experience in software development in a real-time operating system environment in C/C++ preferred. Will consider entry level candidates based on educational background Practical and/or theoretical knowledge of any of the control of multi degree of freedom robots, Kinematic and Dynamics of robotic manipulators, trajectory generation and path planning, or real-time operating systems.
Must have a strong working knowledge of programming and design relating to computer vision algorithms and machine learning.
Experience with ROS, QNX, Ubuntu, Multi-threaded and multi-process programming desired Experience with TCP/IP networking desired Experience developing test procedures and testing modules desired Excellent communication and documentation skills.
Experience industrial robotics or material handling (logistics) industry a plus.
Master's or PhD level in electrical engineering, computer science, or related field.
EEO Employer F/M/Disabled/Vets
Intelligrated designs, manufactures, integrates and installs complete material handling automation solutions including conveyor systems, sortation systems, palletizers, robotics and order picking technologies - all managed by advanced machine controls and software. Solutions include industry-leading Intelligrated-manufactured Alvey(r), RTS(tm) and IntelliSort(r) brand equipment and Knighted(r) warehouse management (WMS), warehouse control (WCS) and labor management software.
Every project is backed by Intelligrated's 24X7 multilingual technical support and access to lifecycle service through a network of national, regional and local service centers. From concept to integration to lifecycle support, Intelligrated automation delivers distribution and fulfillment success.
- ROCON Wiki : http://www.robotconcert.org
- GoCart : http://gocart.yujinrobot.com
- Kobuki : http://kobuki.yujinrobot.com
Software Framework Developerthe software framework developer will focus on design and development of core software framework that manages collaboration of multiple robots and IOT platforms
* Key Roles & Responsibilities
- Software framework for multi robot operation development
- Proficiency in C/C++ or Python
- Code development under linux
- Experience with version control systems
- Good writing/reading/speaking english
- Comfortable using Git with GitHub/Bitbucket
- Programming skills across multiple languages
- Experience managing team software or a large software project
- Experience in designing components of a large software project
- Experience with ROS
- Experience in open source
- Development of web introspection application for multi robot framework operation and single robot control
- Development of user-side application for robotics service
- Bachelor's degree in Robotics, Computer Science or a related field - or -Equivalent years of experience
- Comfortable using Git with GitHub/Bitbucket
- Programming skills across multiple languages
- Experience in open source development
- Experience in Android and Qt development
- Knowledge of Web backend/Database/Frontend development
Send all documents to firstname.lastname@example.org. Note that technical research personnel(?? ?? ??) position is also available.
- Tell us why you are the right one for the job (i.e. cover letter or personal statement)
- Your Resume
- code examples (link to online repositories preferred)
- ros-core: barebone ROS install
- ros-base: basic tools and libraries (also tagged with distro name with LTS version as `latest`)
- robot: basic install for robots
- perception: basic install for perception tasks
Modbot is Hiring
Hi ROS Users,
My name is Daniel, Co-founder of Modbot Inc. Modbot is hiring across multiple disciplines inclusive of experienced C/C++ engineers with ROS experience (and Gazebo). Please apply or forward on to any friends with backgrounds below:
- Mechanical Engineering
- Electrical/Power Systems Engineering
- Embedded System Engineering
- Electronics Engineer
- PCB Designer
- iOS/Android Software Programmer
- ROS (Robot Operating System) Programmer
- Web Application Software Engineer
- FEA/Simulation Engineer
- Industrial Designer
- Project Manager
- Community Manager
- Business Development Manager
- 3D Designer
- Sales Manager
are growing rapidly and looking for experienced engineers to apply. We
are an exciting fully funded startup company based at the incredible
new Pier 9 facility in San Francisco. There is no time or opportunity
better than now to join a fast paced exciting and challenging company
such as Modbot. Be a critical part of the whole product life cycle for
our upcoming public launch. See here for further details: https://modbot.com/
Modbot is the ultimate robot building block placed into the hands of everyday inventors. Inspired hobbyist, academics, students and industry professionals can implement their creative technology projects with our innovative modular robotics platform. Using our integrated joints, links and development platform, new ideas can be fashioned faster, simpler and more creatively.
Modbot will provide high quality low cost automation solutions to the industrial sector that enable manufacturers to setup complete automated production lines on the Modbot platform. The platform is simple to setup, easy to configure, easy to program and highly extensible.
The 1st ROS Summer School in China was held on 23-26 July 2015 at Shanghai. It attracted over 200 participants. This event was organized by Intelligent Robot Motion and Vision Laboratory (directed by Dr. ZHANG Xinyu, http://www.robotics.sei.ecnu.edu.cn) in East China Normal University and co-organized by a robotic startup company AIC-Robotics (http://www.aicrobo.com).
This summer school arranged 8 invited talks delivered by the industrial companies and 17 lectures given by ROS experts. 166 master and Ph.D. students from 48 universities and research institutes, and more than 50 developers and ROS users from the industrial participate this four-day event.
The organizers would like to give special thanks to the following lecturers: Dr. CHEN Ling (Shanghai University, Shanghai) Dr. PAN Jia (The University of Hong Kong) Mr. SHE Yuanbo (AICRobotics Team, Shenzhen) Mr. LIAO Xinyi (Northwestern Polytechnical University, Xi'an) Mr. LI Jin (KODA, Shanghai) Mr. FU Guohe (East China Normal University, Shanghai)
and the following enterprise representatives: Mr. WANG Xinjun (Shanghai Gaitech Scientific Instruments Co. Ltd.) Mr. GUO Gaihua (INMOTION, Shenzhen) Mr. LU Jing (Omakr Robotics, Suzhou) Dr. ZHENG Yousheng (AVIC JiangXi Hongdu Aviation Industry Group, Nanchang) Mr. LI Zheng (Hi-Robot, Shanghai) Mr. ZHANG Hao (DORABOT, Shenzhen) Mr. XIAN Linbo (WXYZTech, Wu Han) Mrs. WANG Wei (LEEMAN China, Beijing)
Please check out the official website for the photos http://www.robotics.sei.ecnu.edu.cn/ros2015/album.html
From Sachin Chitta via ros-users@
Save the date for the first MoveIt! Community Meeting happening online on Sept. 3 at 8 AM PST. Confirmed speakers include:
- The State of MoveIt! - Sachin Chitta
- OMPL - Mark Moll, Lydia Kavraki (Rice University)
- ROS-Control - Adolfo Rodríguez Tsouroukdissian (PAL Robotics)
- ROS-Industrial - Shaun Edwards (SwRI)
- Team VIGIR at the DRC - Stefan Kohlbrecher (Technische Universität Darmstadt)
- MoveIt! based Implementation of an I-AUV - Dina Youakim, Pere Ridao, and Narcis Plaomeras (University of Girona)
If you have used MoveIt! on an exciting project or robot and would like to present your work to the community, please don't hesitate to email me at email@example.com by August 11, 2015.
A final agenda and details on how to take part in the meeting will be sent out next week.